Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Ted Mann I talked to, Ted Mann in Bradbury bio: A Startling Coincidence

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of discussing Canadian estate law with Ottawa lawyer Ted Mann as part of my research and revisions to my horror novel Monstrous

While wearing my book reviewer's hat last night, reading Jonathan R. Eller's Bradbury Beyond Apollo, I discovered this passage on p. 29 about Bradbury trying to adapt his stories for film.

"Both men had a point, but the uneasy relationship became even worse when Ted Mann bought into the project.

Mann was the dynamic cinema-franchise owner and entrepreneur who would soon buy one of Bradbury's favourite Hollywood landmarks, Grauman's Chinese Theatre and place his own name on the marquee. He had also moved into film production, and his first producing credit was Warner Brothers' 1969 production of The Illustrated Man-a project where Bradbury felt as if he were an outside in all aspects of production."

This is simply the kind of startling coincidence that I cannot make up, but it certainly looks like I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment