Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

Positive Notes during Covid-19

Getting through as best I can. My partner just returned on Sunday from a near-two-week stay in Alberta due to a family crisis. We are all trying to settle into a normal routine (or whatever we can consider normal under Covid-19). 

I have some positive new routines. Driving my son to school to avoid the whole school-bus-distancing thing gets me out into the world. I run errands and torment the manager of Movies N' Stuff, a local video rental place. We have a good deal. I recommend purchases (which he takes) and post brief online reviews and tag M N' S on social media. In turn, Pete, once convinced of a particular show or film's merit, orders them with me in mind, giving me first-rights refusal, remains extremely flexible loan times, tells me when items of interest arrive and, sometimes, even delivers. Meanwhile, I revise Horror Novel Number Two, Monstrous, sometimes sharing breakthroughs with unwitting readers from Russia here on my blog (My focus has improved these past weeks, but still not where it was pre-pandemic). 

My freelance shop is open again. I am penning reviews for Arc: Canada's Poetry Magazine and casting a wide net to include the spec-fic and biography.

Here's my new pandemic greeting, which sounds very Irish - Hope you are having more good days than bad in this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment