Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

My First Podcast is Online

My first podcast in online! Along with Unreasonable Action founder, Brad Doiron, I do a 32-minute review of Ex Machina, a comic book written by Brian K. Vaughan and drawn predominantly by Tony Harris. Ex Machina features a protagonist who is the mayor of New York City. It's 2003 and Mayor Hundred, a former super-hero, can talk to machines. Using this scaffold, writer Vaughan works all manner of current political themes into his narrative, from same-sex marriage, to cracking down on crime, to 9/11. These are atypical  topics in what is ostensibly a super-hero book, hence my my interest in the series. Readers familiar with Vaughan will know that he also wrote Y: The Last Man, also an epic series peppered with pop culture references, snappy dialogue, and featuring an anti-hero. You can find my podcast at the Unreasonable Action website.



No comments:

Post a Comment