Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014, Halloween story in print

And what a Happy New Year it is. After some general revelry (which, ironically, did not quite include a Captain Morgan), I was informed that a package from FedEx was sitting on my desk, delivered yesterday afternoon while I was out.

I quickly opened the package in my addled morning state.

Inside were ten copies of Icarus: The Magazine of Gay Speculative Fiction. Why, you ask? Icarus published my Halloween story, "Drawing Out", in issue 18. "Drawing Out" is a horror short story featuring a nine-year-old boy with a penchant for drawing, a Jehovah's Witness enduring bachelorhood, and a mysterious woman who needs help. All these characters meet on Hallowe'en night.

This is the first Halloween short story that I have published. I owe a huge thank you to the owner and publisher of Lethe Press, Steve Berman. He has included me alongside the talents of Molly Tanzer, J. Daniel Stone and Ray Cluley. One can purchase this issue of Icarus at the Lethe Press website.

Hello, 2014. And thank you for this last-minute delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment