Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Limestone Genre Expo A Success

It may be a little late in the game, but I want to shout out to Liz Strange for organizing a fantastic July 23-24 Limestone Genre Expo. Thank you. 

I felt energized making new connections, including the fine Michael Kelly (editor of the lauded Shadows & Tall Trees). My fine bookselling neighbour was the industrious, affable Brandon Crilly. I also met many other authors know only through social media, including Violette Malan and Suzanne Church
Also - panelling about Queering About the Fantastic: LGBTQ2 in Speculative Fiction was a kick. So great to meet and chat alongside legendary Tanya Huff (I listened, a lot.). I may just be improving at these panels (One hopes!).

Even glmpsed Robin Riopelle, Derek Kunsken and Kate Heartfield, in their own Limestone orbits.
Great conversations and great meetings all around.


Here's a shot that Michael Kelly took of my panel, What Horror Trends are Scaring You These Days
From the left: Karen Dales, myself mentiong the film It Follows (most likely), and fine fellow spec fic scribes Matt Moore, prolific  David Nickle, Sean Moreland, Derek Newman-Stille and Alyssa Cooper. Great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment