Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Great Cornwall & Area Pop Event this Past Weekend

Photo courtesy of author Benoit Chartier.
My heartfelt thanks go to organizers Carol Sauve and Randy Sauve for last weekend's fourth annual Cornwall & Area Pop Event (CAPE). Anita Dolman and met familiar faces and many new ones. We drove home Sunday with one less box of books (my horror novel Town & Train from Lethe Press and her Lost Enough from Morning Rain Publishing). Having my giant face opposite fellow author Benoit Chartier's was a blast (He also snapped this early Sunday morning photo of my booth) and seeing writer Liam Gibbs was also fun. 
Make mine Marvel!
Photo of the author and Miles Morales
courtesy of Benoit Chartier.

Because Anita and I tell stories, we are inspired and by other people’s stories. An awe-filled young woman asked our son "What is it like to grow up with writers as your parents?" "Meh," said the kid. “It's so-so...” Cheers also to the high school guys (Dawson and the tall fellow) who told me what DC Comics they’re reading and about the comeback of vinyl records.

Of course, getting feedback from readers about our books was fabulous. My return customers from the 2016 CAPE did wonders for my spirits. I traded puns with my favourite volunteer and rubbed shoulders with all manner of creature, hero and character. Didja’ see Lobo? Amazing. My personal favourite, Miles Morales, the new Spider-Man (thanks, cosplayer Gary Raiche, for the photo), also swung by my booth.

All in all, the two-day event was another fun and successful CAPE.
Thwipp! Photo courtesy of Benoit Chartier.


No comments:

Post a Comment