Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Collection will be a Wee Bit Late, Guv'nah

My short-story collection Fear Itself is delayed coming out. Instead of fall 2021, it will likely early in 2022 or certainly by April 2022, depending on when the edits are complete. There have been delays in the editing process over the past year, both at the overworked publisher end and at my end, revising the stories. Currently, some revisions are involved and taking longer than either myself or my publisher anticipated. While some stories are previously published, others have been never print or placement. These things happen in the publishing business. The main thing is that the stories will be their best and my collection Fear Itself  will see the light of day in 2022. I’m rather enjoying revising each of the ten pieces in turn right now, actually, from stories about randy giants who are cat-fished and seeking revenge by eating people, in my stoory "Crag Face", to my ex-pat character Sara Jasmine being haunted by her friend Hugh in London, England in ’98 in "A Canadian Ghost in Londin", to a baby monitor that suddenly emits an otherworldly voice on "Monitored" to my terrifying “Glimpses through the trees”, set in Picton, Ontario, regarding a creature you can only see out of your peripheral vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment