Pages

Friday, April 15, 2022

WROTE Podcast Interview

I was on the WROTE Podcast talking with the ever-congenial Vance Bastian and Baz Collins about my upcoming Lethe Press collection Fear Itself, Burly, the writing and editing life, inspiration, and revising my second horror novel. I owe a great thanks to those two. In the interview, I even trace my earliest writing inspirations to comic books and Sunday matinees watching creature features such as "The Blob and "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" at the Port Theatre in Cornwall.

I also decided to talk publicly about the loss of my sister Kim this fall. Over the years, she had saved a stack of my earlier writings, including annual traditional Halloween stories and even the high school columns I wrote for the daily paper in my hometown. So since Kim always believed in me, and I miss her, I thought all of this worth mentioning.

There are shout-outs aplenty, including to my sisters, Steve Berman and Jerry L. Wheeler.

If you listen to some of it or any of it, please let me know how it goes. While I have the Irish gift for the gab, I cannot, ironically, tolerate hearing my own voice for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment